Fullstack Software and Team Developer.
- Aims to disrupt the world with his creativity, strategic thinking, and passion.
- Inhales new paradigms, frameworks and libraries (eg IPFS, Vue/Vuex, Go, ES2018)
- Stoic verging on insane: Runs 50k trail races in sandals and implemented an RDBMS in Excel.
We are the HR Tech Division of Givery Inc, and our vision is to empower engineers. Our mission is to build a new career development and empowerment ecosystem for engineers and entrepreneurs in Japan, with aspirations to expand to Asia.
We aim to achieve this through our core businesses of consulting, recruitment, education, and organizing hackathons. We develop and operate platforms that educate the next generation of engineers, and ensure that engineering job applicants are fairly evaluated. We are always looking to create new products and services that will add value to both the engineering community and to society at large, and we need a passionate UX designer to realize this!
We currently provide the following services:
We develop and operate an automated engineer skill evaluation service that enables businesses to fairly and accurately assess candidates. We believe that through a fairer skill assessment process, we can alleviate many of the challenges both employers and engineers face in Japan's current hiring environment.
We organize an annual hackathon league called JPHACKS.
JPHACKS is one of the largest hackathons in Japan for students, and we inspire hundreds of university students every year to tackle social problems through software.
The majority of our team is Japanese, but we diverse international folk are very much part of the team, and proud of it!
Our team currently includes:
- About 20 people
- A UX Designer raising a newborn child, working parttime
- A flock of foreign developers
- 7 nationalities
- 3 returnees
- 1 LGBTQ hippie
- Way too many proudly newborn parents
We're looking for a UX/UI designer that is excited about our vision to contribute to design work for many if not all of our products. Being a team player is a must.
Japanese fluency is required, as the end users will be Japanese. The intent is that we want our UX designer to be able to conduct user research mostly autonomously.
(edit 2018/11/30 : We added this new language requirement after reevaluating our goals and time constraints. I'm sorry if this position no longer applies to you.)
- Can produce high quality visual deliverables for both prototypes and products (logos, icons, high fidelity mockups, etc.)
- Works with the team in our Shibuya office full-time (at least from project kickoff until MVP completion)
- Communicates and collaborates with software developers on a daily basis
- Possesses a holistic, actionable understanding of UX design methodologies
- Can guide a project team through a formal design process
- Strives continuously to understand the end user's perspective
- Accepts radical honesty, and earnestly gives and receives constructive feedback
- Doesn't bite
- Plans, leads, and conducts user research with Japanese users in Japanese
Nice to Have:
- Can implement web interfaces based on designs (read: HTML and CSS!)
- Experience successfully leading a project team through the initial design and inception process
- Versed expertly in UCD (User Centric Design) practices
- Also speaks English fluently