No description available.
At Mitte we are on a mission to change how water is consumed, and ultimately replace plastic bottles.
We have created the first smart home appliance that enables users to create mineral water at home. Mitte purifies the water with a distillation based proprietary method, and then makes water not just clean but also healthy by enhancing it with minerals through our proprietary cartridge.
There is a widespread and growing problem in regards to our water supplies. In many places, contaminants are unavoidable, and we continue to create waste via plastic bottles.
The insatiable demand for bottled water is a huge problem. Plastic bottles are finding their way into the human food chain and polluting every natural system on the planet. A million plastic bottles are bought around the world every minute and the number will jump another 20% by 2021, creating an environmental crisis that will be as serious as climate change.
Mitte eliminates the need for plastic bottles, leading to a fundamental reduction in plastic waste, water waste, and carbon dioxide emissions.
Our goal is to make water safe and healthy for everyone and revolutionizing the way we drink water at home in the process. Inspired by nature’s water cycle, our process is led by a holistic users-first approach. Our machine not just looks beautiful, but is also extremely user friendly and durable.
Our patent-pending (EU patent n° EP17154125) distillation chamber is based on the principle of a thermoelectric heat pump, driven by two Peltier elements.
Mitte uses a mineral cartridge to replicate the process that occurs in nature when water flows through rocks. Mitte distilled water flows through the different layers of our cartridge and slowly picks up healthy minerals.
The entire process is contained within a countertop appliance.
A companion app adds additional functionality and ease to interacting with the machine. Users can view information about their usage and modify settings.
It’s important for our team to learn from each other in different environments. We work together, as well as play together, such as our recent outing after the workday came to a close.
It’s an exciting time to join Mitte. We carried out a successful crowdfunding campaign at the end of last year and now we are in full preparation mode to hit the market at the end of 2018. The Product Development Engineer will be responsible to idealize, design, prototype and test innovative solutions. This position requires a strong mechanical/mechatronic background and hands-on involvement in order to efficiently prototype and evaluate design concepts. You will need to take the lead on defining direction and ensuring that all aspects of the solution are fully defined (material, components and functionality) and documented. We are looking for someone who is very versatile and hands on!
*** What you will do ***
- Build experimental test rigs and perform tests to validate and improve designs and process.
- Design and create components with 3D printing and laser cutting (yes we have a 3D printer!)
- Manage the schedule of engineering tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Building physical prototypes and mockups of new product concepts.
- Testing new product solutions and components electrically and mechanically.
- Research technical solutions and propose alternatives.
*** This job is perfect for you, if you know/have: ***
- Engineering discipline, strong technical background and proven problem-solving skills.
- open-minded attitude and adaptive when liaising and problem solving with other team members to come to the best overall solution.
- 3+ years works experience on Product Development (hardware startups preferred).
- Excellent practical skills: experimentation, planning, execution, documentation, presentation.
- Innovative mindset: thinking outside of the box while inventing new solutions.
- Take ownership and work independently, while also being part of the larger team.
- Track record of completing projects on time.
- Ability and desire to dive into unfamiliar territory and problem-solve like crazy.
-Solid English written and verbal communication skills across disciplines, both within our team and with partners.
- Be able to laugh about yourself and not take yourself too serious ;-)
*** You get brownie points for ***
- Experience working in a hardware startup.
- Experience designing consumer products (ideally with one complete product life cycle) .
- Experience with CAD (Solidworks preferred).
- Experience with collaborating with external design firms and manufacturers.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary team mechanical engineering / electrical engineer / industrial designer / embedded engineer / chemist / physicist / biologist.
- Experience with integrating digital UI / UX into hardware user experiences.
- Experience with certifications processes.
- Solid German written and verbal.
If you wish to do good for the world and care about your own personal nutrition and health, you'll find a lot of lovely, like-minded people in our team!
We look forward to meeting you, simply apply with your Wantedly Profile by clicking the "Want to Visit" button to meet us for a chat :)
We are all here because we're excited and passionate about this tec... Show more
It is very important to us that our design be user-focused. We freq... Show more
We must meet our goals and push ourselves to do our best but unders... Show more
|Looking for||Senior Product Development Engineer|
|Special features||Foreign nationalities welcome / Free snacks/lunch|
|Founder||Moritz Waldstein-Wartenberg & Faebian Bastiman|
|Industries||Foods / Beverages / Electronics / Electrical Equipment|
There are no recommendations yet.